The Facilities Technician assists the Manager, Facilities with the maintenance and cleaning of YMCA facilities, equipment and vehicles, including preventative maintenance.
HOURS: Weekdays 4-7 p.m., with availability to possibly pick up weekend hours
- Assists in facility maintenance, preventative maintenance, and cleaning of the Y’s facilities.
- Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner.
- Assists in the YMCA’s special events when applicable.
- Advises management on maintenance issues when encountered.
- Assists in ensuring vehicles and equipment are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
- May be assigned a daily bus route for our before and after school program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate with experience in maintenance and cleaning services
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas a plus
- Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments.
- Able to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, night and weekends.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.