Under the direct supervision of the School Age Program Director and/or the Sr. Director of Youth Development, the School Age Program Facilitator is responsible for the daily operations of an assigned group of students. . A Program Facilitator must promote the School Age program name and positively impact the community & awareness on what the program offers. Develop relationships with the participants, parents and school staff in addition to communicating effectivity to each party listed above. Must be dedicated to serving our youth in the following the YMCAs core values and in the areas of educational assistance, character development and social growth. Motivate other staff members, as well as lead a group of individuals in various activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide day-to-day direction and supervision of School Age Programs at a designated site location.
- Plan and execute daily activities including, but not limited to, Tutoring/homework, snack, character development, group games and arts/crafts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with parents and school staff.
- Have direct involvement with children and act as mentor to program participants.
- Monitor, guide and redirect children’s behaviors, as necessary.
- Organize and maintain all equipment and supplies. Pick up supplies and snacks from YMCA on an as needed basis.
Qualifications and Skills
Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED.
- Two years of college coursework preferred. Working towards a degree in education or a related field a plus.
- Must have previous experience working in a group setting supervising children.
- Must have previous experience planning and implementing age-appropriate programs for school-age children.
- Previous experience supervising other staff a plus.
- Must have capacity to make decisions and communicate effectively with participants, parents and school staff.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Must have a flexible schedule and able to work Monday – Friday
- Applicants must have, or obtain, First Aid/CPR certification within the first 60 days of employment
- Complimentary Membership
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Health Benefits Available (Full Time Employees Only)
Job Type: Full Time and Part-time shifts
Position will start in August; hiring notifications will be sent July 30.