The Wellness Attendant is responsible for providing a safe and positive experience for all members in the Wellness Center; interacting with the members and giving them the experience that makes them want to come back again; being present and approachable if they need any assistance or guidance on the equipment; initiating the repair when the piece of equipment is down including placing a sign on the machine and notifying the manager; ensuring that all fitness areas are clean, organized and prepared for members’ use.
- Perform assigned maintenance duties to keep all pieces of equipment clean and working.
- This position requires you to have basic knowledge of exercise machines and be able to give fitness orientations with adults and children 11-15 years of age.
- Ensure that all fitness areas are organized and prepared for members’ use.
- Any questions that arise should be reported to the Director.
- Be attentive to members and their needs. Socialize with all members.
- Follow all staff rules and guidelines for members. Set the example.
- Read, know, follow, and enforce emergency procedures, YMCA policies, rules, and health codes applicable to the facility.
- Perform all daily supply checks and follow all daily cleaning and class set up/tear down schedules.
- Be responsible for all scheduled hours and if necessary, follow the appropriate substitution procedures.
- Implement Character Development in all phases of work.
This is a part-time, non-exempt role.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be energetic and able to handle the physical demands of the job. Standing, walking, cleaning, talking and listening are required. Employees must also be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Must be able to wear face mask during shifts.