The YMCA’s Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a working board and leadership program for high school students. Members will work on committees to plan and execute programs and events for the Y’s new teen program, while also receiving certified leadership training from proven community leaders. The Y’s new teen program for 6th-12th graders will include after-school drop-in hours, tutoring, mentoring, events and interest-specific clubs. This program is in partnership with the Alive Center.
We are currently recruiting high school students for our Teen Advisory Board (TAB)
Program begins in 2023.
Meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 6 p.m. or 6:3O p.m.
Roles & Responsibilities
– Attend meetings twice a month at 6 or 6:30 p.m. for one hour
– Actively participate on the TAB
– Plan, promote and lead a program
– Commit at least 10 hours to volunteering at Y events
– Market Y events and programs
*All applicants will be interviewed for acceptance.
– Must be a current high school student
– Submit completed application
– Submit letter of recommendation
– Commit to all TAB responsibilities
– Adhere to zero tolerance policy for drugs, alcohol, weapons or other illegal substances2023